Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Happy Day Cake with Coffee Icing

If I knew you were coming I'd a' baked a cake...baked a cake..

Cake from Scratch


There's no special occasion or birthday today. 
We just like cake!
I'm glad to share my version of Grandma Hylton's Happy Day Cake.

Happy Day Cake with Coffee Icing

Preheat oven: 375 degrees
Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 45-60 minutes (approximately)


Ingredients:
2 Cups Self-Rising flour(sifted)
3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 1/3 Cup Shortening(I use Crisco Butter Flavored)
1 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoon Vanilla flavoring
2 Eggs

Directions:
1. Sift all dry ingredients into mixer bowel.
2. Add shortening and 2/3 of milk, then add vanilla.
3. Beat 1 minute on low speed.(I use speed 2 with Kitchen Aid)
4. Add remaining milk and eggs, beat 30 seconds. Stop & scrape bowl.
5. Beat 1 minute  on high(I use speed 6 with Kitchen Aid)
6. Pour batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake 375 degrees for 50 minutes or until cake pulls away from pan.

Coffee Icing
Ingredients:
2 Cups Confectioner's Sugar
1/4 Cup Margarine(softened)
1 teaspoon Vanilla flavoring
3 Tablespoons of Strong Coffee

Directions:
1. Cream  sugar into margarine.
 2. Add vanilla and coffee creaming until smooth.


Yellow Bundt Cake







No comments: